How it Works
You will be given a small pill to take an hour prior to your dental appointment. Your companion will accompany you to our office, and by the time you arrive, you will feel very relaxed and drowsy.
You will be escorted into a comfortable room, covered with a thick, warm blanket and placed on a monitor to watch your vital signs. After you are comfortable, our experienced clinical team will take care of your dental needs.
When your treatment is complete, your companion will return you home, where you can relax and be comfortable for the rest of the day.
Click a topic below to read more information.
The Facts about Sedation Dentistry
- It Really Works! You really can relax throughout your dental appointment.
- It Is Safe! You take a small pill prior to treatment, and you will be continuously monitored throughout your appointment.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience. You won't remember any sounds or smells.
- You can relax for up to five or six hours after taking the pill. The time you are relaxing will vary depending upon your needed treatment.
Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments can be done in as little as one, while you relax. People who have difficulty getting numb will find that sedation dentistry eliminates this problem. Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.
Ideal for Fearful Dental Patients
Once you've experienced sedation dentistry with us, you will never be afraid to go to the dentist again. You will be sedated just enough to be completely relaxed and unaware of the treatment. You'll wake up refreshed, with little or no memory of your treatment.
When you are completely comfortable, we can perform all of your needed dental treatment in one or two visits. We can replace crowns or dentures, restore sore gums to good health, whiten yellow or stained teeth, fix a chipped tooth, and more. People with very busy schedules can get the dental care they need, easily and quickly.
Imagine being able to smile with confidence and chew your food without pain. No wonder so many patients say: "Sedation dentistry changed my life.”
Will I feel any pain?
No, you should have no pain sensation, and feel completely relaxed.
Will I be unconscious?
No, you will be in a deeply relaxed state, and you will be responsive.
Will I be monitored?
Yes, one of our team members will always be with you, monitoring your vital signs during the entire visit. You are never alone.
How long will I be relaxing?
You will usually feel completely relaxed for two to six hours.
Will someone need to accompany me?
Yes, due to the sedative effects of the medication, you will need someone to drive you to your visit and home after your appointment.
Ideal candidates for sedation dentistry are people who experience…
- A high level of fear during dental treatment
- Difficulty getting numb
- A bad gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- Complex dental problems
- Limited time to complete dental care
Sedation dentistry candidates can also be people who...
- Have had traumatic dental experiences
- Hate needles and shots
- Hate the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- Are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth