Your teeth are meant to serve you for a lifetime. Unfortunately, they aren’t indestructible. Whether from decay, infection, or trauma, Dr. Fisher can reinstate a healthy, beautiful smile using metal-free restorations in Greensboro. Our office embraces the latest innovations in dentistry to create high-quality restorations for flawless results.
What are Metal-Free Restorations?
Traditional restorations are made of a variety of metals, like silver and even mercury. Although this offers unmatched durability, there are several disadvantages, such as a dark appearance. Modern restorations are metal-free, giving you a biocompatible solution that looks natural.
They may not be made of metal; however, they are equally durable. In fact, they can last for a decade or longer with the right aftercare, like maintaining your oral hygiene and visiting your dentist at least twice a year.
What are the Benefits of Metal-Free Restorations?
You don’t need to let the appearance of a metal restoration blemish your smile. You can enjoy the benefits of tooth-colored fillings, crowns, and more, including:
- Preserve Your Tooth: They require less of your tooth’s structure to be removed when preparing it for the restoration. You’ll preserve more of your tooth’s natural integrity.
- Natural-Looking Solution: Since they are not made of metal, they can be customized to match the color of your enamel to blend in with your real teeth.
- Long-Lasting Results: With the right care, it’s not uncommon for metal-free options to last for decades before needing to be replaced.
- Hypoallergenic: Since they don’t contain any metal, they are perfect for people who have sensitivities to traditional restorations.
- Affordable: Many dental insurance plans can be used to help offset the cost of certain treatments when they are necessary for your oral health, such as to repair a tooth.
What are the Types of Metal-Free Restorations?
Now, you have more options than ever for metal-free treatments. After an initial consultation, your cosmetic dentist in Greensboro will determine which is best for you:
- Crowns: Covers the entire surface of a tooth above the gum line to improve its function, health, and appearance. They can be used along with other treatments, like root canal therapy or fixed bridges.
- Fillings: Treat decay using a tooth-colored resin that is mercury-free. They are virtually undetectable, so no one will know they are there for a stunning smile.
- Bridges: Replace 1 or more consecutive missing teeth using a fixed bridge. You’ll complete your smile to revitalize your confidence and quality of life by filling the space of your lost teeth.
- Inlays & Onlays: If a filling isn’t enough to save a tooth, an inlay or onlay may be the ideal solution. They are often preferred to a crown because they don’t cover the entire surface of a tooth, making them less invasive.
Rebuild a Beautiful Smile
If you have damaged or missing teeth, don’t let metal restorations tarnish your smile or your self-esteem. You can enjoy solutions that look natural while also being effective and resilient. Contact our office today to discover the benefits of metal-free fillings and crowns.